FOR ALL OF YOU FREQUENT TRAVELLERS, ESPECIALLY AS THE HOLIDAY SEASON IS AROUND THE CORNER, I WANTED TO SHARE AN EDIT OF MY HOLY GRAIL SKIN SAVIOURS WITH HELP OF MY FAVOURITE LA MER SKINCARE PRODUCTS.
Well, with all the travelling that has taken place lately, I had to make sure my in flight skin care routine is on point, no matter the destination. I often get questions from you guys about my skin care routine and how I hydrate my skin when I’m often on a plane, train, in transit, exposed to the artificial air that we all know isn’t so great for anybodies skin. Now I have a normal skin with slightly oily T-Zone, I guess some would call it combination skin. I also have to add that I am very prone to hyper pigmentation, so any spots aren’t welcome as they could create a little pigmented spot for most of my travel. As Murphy Law commands, the spot would usually last just for the duration of the trip, and would be gone upon my return home. Now Im smiling as I am typing this, as I managed to stop this with diligent skin care routine that I want to tell you about today.
THE LA MER #ARRIVEHYDRATED TREATMENT
Before I start talking to you about my La Mer trip to Vals, I just wanted to add that this is not a sponsored post, however I do have an ongoing relationship with La Mer. Its a brand I have used for around 8 years now, and every female in my family swears by it.
If you really want to arrive hydrated to your flight destination, I suggest stopping by at La Mer counter at your airport. UK, Germany, Italy, Russia, US, if there is a counter, there is Arrive Hydrated service. You can get a mini La Mer facial for free, and NO, you do not have to buy anything, its a completely free service, why not make the use out of it?
I used this service before at Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 and Terminal 3, as they have La Mer Counters at the World Duty Free. The lovely consultant started to deeply cleanse my skin using The Cleansing Micellar Water and proceeded to hydrate my skin with The Treatment Lotion, a vital step in every treatment ritual. She then gently applied a small amount of the Revitalizing Hydrating Serum for a fresh feel and finalised the treatment with the use of The Eye Concentrate for an “instantly awaken” effect (goodbye dark circles and jet lag). I would leave without a nice layer of the iconic Creme de la Mer for a rich and natural radiance. Relaxed and happy, I was now ready for boarding!
SHOP THE ARRIVE HYDRATED COLLECTION
MY LA MER TRAVEL ESSENTIALS
Minutes after my plane took off, it was time for my in-flight skincare routine:
- Step 1: The Treatment Lotion
Like liquid energy for the skin. Renews, softens and hydrates skin on contact. The vital first step in every La Mer regimen. As La Mer Ambassadors have taught me in the past this lotion is essential as it helps skin absorb even more moisture from your serum and Crème itself. I love The Treatment Lotion and highly recommend it as part of your in flight routine.
- Step 2: The Revitalizing Hydrating Serum
Lightweight, refreshing serum floods skin with hydration. Helps give skin energy to fight early signs of ageing. I use quite a few serums, from La Mer I use a total of two, Revitalizing Hydrating and Regenerating. For travelling however I would recommend this one more. You need to lock that moisture in.
- Step 3: The Eye Concentrate
A powerful eye brightener for dark circles. Ultra-luxe cream significantly reduces the look of dark circles, lines and wrinkles. I learned a very important technique on de-puffing and massaging the eye area, and not only does it feel good, but my eye and root of the nose area always looks great. I got a little bit addicted to this.
- Step 4: Crème de la Mer – Heals dryness with deep moisture. Ultra-rich cream for natural, healthy radiance. Ok, do I need to say more? I have used this product for 8 years now. The secret is in application, warming it up between your palms to activate the Miracle Broth™ and then heeling your skin.
Some other products that I could also have mentioned here are: The Treatment Lotion Mask, The Concentrate and The Renewal Oil, products I religiously live by. But lets not overcomplicate the travel routine.
FULL LIST OF LA MER FAVOURITES
Upon arrival I still like to look presentable. I like my face to glow, and I aim for that “I woke up like this look”. Now every time I try to go for the whole less is more look I end up applying too much. But when you are landing and have only 10-15 min to do your makeup, you need something quick and effective.
If I can choose just 3 products to have upon landing I would go for:
- The SPF 50 UV Protecting Fluid PA +++ – This lightweight lotion helps defend skin against everyday exposure to UV rays, helping to prevent future discolouration. I am prone to pigmentation, so for me its important to prevent any sun damage. This product also infuses skin with the sea-sourced renewing energies of Miracle Broth™
- The Luminous Lifting Cushion Foundation SPF 20 – For me its the shade Petal. I love it as it covers any signs of fatigue and its easy to apply with the little handy applicator it comes with. Besides that its full of nutrients for your skin, so its not just makeup.
- Lip Volumizer – This product I only just discovered in Vals and had so many questions about from you guys. It has a natural shine and an irresistible sensation. Infused with Miracle Broth™, this serum-strength treatment protects and plumps with hydration, for lips that look immediately fuller, healthier and more defined.
UPON THE ARRIVAL
With this winter edit I hope you will feel inspired to take care of your skin and enjoy the magic of the Christmas season to the fullest!